On 14 June, EDCSP will host a private round-table on aid effectiveness with panellists from the European Commission, the University of Gothenburg and ODI. This round-table will focus on a study for the EU by Arne Bigsten, Jean Philippe Platteau and Sven Tengstam, which quantifies the benefits of measures to improve aid effectiveness. From ODI, Romilly Greenhill and Annalisa Prizzon will present their commentary on the study and Matthew Geddes will present his work on how the EU fares in donor indices. Simon Maxwell, who has examined the practical implications of the study, will chair the discussion.
- Arne Bigsten – Professor, Development Economics, University of Gothenburg
- Vincent Grimaud – Head of Aid and Development Effectiveness and Financing, DG DEVCO, the European Commission
- Romilly Greenhill – Research Fellow, ODI
- Annalisa Prizzon – Research Officer, ODI
- Matthew Geddes – Research Officer, ODI
An event summary will be available online following the event.